- PhD – Department of Psychiatry, University of Queensland
- BA (Hons) – Department of Psychology, University of Queensland
- REGISTERED PSYCHOLOGIST (#942265)
- Commissioner, Queensland Corrective Services, 2013 – present
- Deputy Commissioner, Executive Director, Director (variously), Queensland Corrective Services, 2003-2013
- Head of Research, Assessment and Evaluation, Sex Offender Treatment Programme (SOTP), Offending Behaviours Programme Unit, HM Prisoner Service UK, 2000-2003
- Coordinator / Senior Human Services Officer, Employee Assistance Service, Queensland Police Service, 1994-2000
- Research Assistant, Department of Psychiatry, University of Queensland, 1992-1994
- Constable, Queensland Police Service, 1985-1990.
Smallbone, S., & Rallings, M. (2013). Short-term predictive validity of the Static-99 and Static-99-R for indigenous and nonindigenous Australian sexual offenders. Sexual abuse: a journal of research and treatment, 1079063212472937.
Rallings, M., Martin, P., & Davey, J. (2005). A prospective study of alcohol consumption rates of first-year Australian police officers. Policing: An International Journal of Police Strategies & Management, 28(2), 206-220.
Webster, S. D., Akhtar, S., Bowers, L. E., Mann, R. E., Rallings, M., & Marshall, W. L. (2004). The impact of the prison service sex offender treatment programme on minority ethnic offenders: a preliminary study. Psychology, Crime and Law, 10(2), 113-124.
Rallings, Mark (2002). The impact of offending on police officers. Issues in Forensic Psychology, 3, 20-40.
Rallings, Mark (2000). Police and Trauma: A prospective examination of the psychological effects of occupational exposure to traumatic events PhD Thesis, School of Medicine, University of Queensland.