UQ Culture and Heritage Unit
We are a commercial arm of the School. We work with:
- Indigenous communities
- the resources sector
- all levels of government
to deliver professional heritage outcomes in a timely manner.
We provide a comprehensive range of cultural heritage services including:
- heritage advice and strategic planning
- archaeological survey
- archaeological excavation for Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal sites
- Native Title advice, research and report preparation
- anthropological surveys and social significance assessments
- built heritage significance assessment, impact assessment and due diligence studies
- conservation management planning
- laboratory and technical services
- environmental impact assessments
- historical research
We are Queensland-based but we undertake projects across Australia and internationally.
Our mission is to promote excellence in the delivery of cultural heritage services.
Find out more about us including our people and case studies of projects involving national and world heritage.