Casual Tutors should meet the following criteria:
- tutors normally have a current enrolment at UQ as a postgraduate student, with priority given to School of Social Science students;
- must have completed the Faculty Tutor Training Program before commencement of appointment;
- knowledge and enthusiasm about the discipline area;
- knowledge of relevant methodological skills.
- an ability to work effectively with other members of the team working on the course;
- knowledge of the course structure and materials;
- evidence of previous tutoring ability.
Other than in exceptional circumstances no student enrolled as an undergraduate or Honours students may undertake tutoring in the School of Social Science.
Before the beginning of each semester, the School Manager or School Finance Officer will email all currently enrolled RHD students in the School with an expression of interest (EOI) form for the particular semester. Students wishing to be considered for casual tutoring and marking in that semester need to complete and return the form which will be considered by the Head of School. The list of EOI’s will be then be circulated to Academic Staff that have approved support for their courses.
Please note that the EOI is only held in the school for the particular semester it is submitted and are not held on file for future semesters. Interested students are required to submit a new EOI each semester when requested. This EOI and any discussions with or recommendations by course coordinators or other school staff are not a guarantee of work. Prospective tutors should take no further action until an appointment has been made.