+6493737599 ext. 83947
1991 PhD in Anthropology, University of Pennsylvania, USA
1984 MA in Anthropology "With Distinction", University of Otago, New Zealand
1981 BA (Hons) in Anthropology "First Class", University of Otago, New Zealand
2009-14 Professor, Anthropology, School of Social Science, The University of Auckland, NZ
2011-14 Adjunct Professor, Graduate School of the Environment, Macquarie University, Australia
2013-14 Research Associate, Department of Archaeology, University of York, UK
2014 Research Associate, Faculty of Archaeology, Leiden University, Netherlands
1999-2008 The University of Auckland
1993-1998 La Trobe University
1992 The University of Auckland
1984-1991 University of Pennsylvania
1982-1984 University of Otago
- Human environmental interaction in the coastal regions of northern Queensland.
- Geoarchaeology and chronology of the Australian Arid Zone: Human/palaeoenvironment interaction in western NSW and far north Cape York. Projects use computer aided data entry systems, GIS and the innovative use of radiocarbon and optically stimulated luminescence to age surface archaeological deposits.
- Time perspectivism: An analysis of the theoretical basis for the ontology of the archaeological record.
- The early Neolithic in Egypt. Analysis of surface archaeological sites in the Fayum region of Egypt.
- Stone artefact analysis. The theory and method of flaked stone analysis.