Recently, a seminar was held for students and staff on the topic of 'Winning national competitive grants and research contracts: tips for success', hosted by the Research Committee of the School of Social Science.
Staff in the School of Social Science have had great success in securing nationally competitive grants and in winning external research contracts. Academic staff are serving or have served on the ARC College of Experts. Hence in the School of Social Science we have an enormous amount of collective experience when it comes to securing research grants and contracts.
- Top three things that annoy ARC assessors.
- What should you include in the first page of an ARC application to excite assessors.
- Providing a convincing argument about value for money and national benefit.
- What to do with a failed grant application.
- The winning formula for working with external industry partners.
Powerpoints from the presentations can be found here: